Recipe: Curried Risotto aux Endives (ingredients in French, for easy shopping, instructions in English)
185g OR 1 cup du riz (thai)
2 cups fond de boeuf preparé (beef stock prepared)
1/2 cup du vin blanc
2 tablespoons crème fraîche ou crème fermière
2 endives blancs, cut in rounds
1 echalot, diced up
1 tbsp de l'huile d'olive vierge
1 tbsp de curry en poudre
salt/pepper to taste
- Wash up the endives and cut into rounds.
- Heat up a large pan, style wok or like this one to the right:
- Toss in the olive oil, and the echalot into the oil for about 1 minute.
- Toss in the endives, stir around on medium-low heat until they are more cooked down (around 5 minutes)
- Toss in the cup of rice, stir around briskly, and add in about 2 luches (great french word, means ladlefuls) of the stock/wine mixture
- Stir for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat; ensuring not to burn. Turn heat low, cover for another 2-3 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Add in the curry powder/salt/pepper.
- Add another 2 luches of stock; medium-high heat, stir and stir and stir.. low heat and cover.
- Repeat steps 6-7 until the liquid is fully absorbed... add more liquid if still crunchy.
- Finally, add the crème fraîche and season to taste; stir around and cover leaving on a nice low heat... I topped with some parmesan cheese.
I didn't use 'curcurma' just curry powder, I also added salt/pepper and parmesan. Voila. Enjoy your ugly dinner tonight.. with some 'chipolata' saucisses.