About Me

My photo
Forks, Portland, Lyon - France, Paris - France, Portland and ending up in Bellingham.... the adventures of my life!

Search My Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Post in 2011

Last night I was feeling sentimental about all the things that have happened to me in the last 6 months; how time goes quickly, how happy I am, obviously I'm over the culture shock.  2011 is going to be a good year because finally, my degree is completed, I'll be continuing into a Master's program, getting my Visa renewed (hope) and I have a huge list of things to accomplish.

Bro goes home in about 5 days; less than a week.  His stay was mostly good, sometimes not so good- he got into an interesting habit of staying up all night and sleeping all day; presumably in preparation for the States... it'll reduce jetlag, I guess.

This year of posts I'd like to try and offer all of you the opportunity to learn more about being an expatriate in France.  Review and post more marche information, test new foods and describe their tastes, share more on my own personal daily life.

For those of you who have a dream to come to France, it's possible.  School in France is much cheaper than in America and it's just a matter of doing the hard work of getting the paperwork in.  You don't have to spend 20,000 dollars a year getting here on an exchange... I finished my degree and came here on a student visa through the CIEF, but will stay through a Master's degree visa.

Today is a day like any other, except now every time I write the date I'll have to remember the '2011'.  It's a year that I expect will be full of challenges, let downs, surprises and happy memories.

Happy 2011, and here's to lookin' at the rest of the year.  *chine*

a+

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...