About Me

My photo
Forks, Portland, Lyon - France, Paris - France, Portland and ending up in Bellingham.... the adventures of my life!

Search My Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Joys of Packages from Home...

We don't have certain things here in France.. and so my mom likes to send lovely packages of things I can't get here...

As a quick note of advice- family members from America can send a 'flat rate' box filled to the brim for only $55.00!  I mean, as much as possible in this box for only 55 bucks!!  Pretty incredible I think.. plus it only takes about 7 days to get here from the NW..!

Follow my photos on my most recent gift..
My Beautiful 16 Pound Present
Commencing the Unwrapping
Brian dug in to help open..
Filled to the BRIM.. see the Jiffy.. Baking Soda, Flavored Gum, Fun Straws..
(From left to right)  24 ounces Organic Local Portland Coffee, Bottle of Organic Maple Syrup, Jiffy cornbread mix, lined notecards, Charleston chews, lined notebook paper, 'Sookie Stackhouse' novels, mesuring spoons, another box of Charleston chews, trashy American gossip mags... oh and A LOT OF CINNAMON GUM.
Brian now loves Charleston chews...
Local Longbottom Portland coffee and a sleep mask.. love it.
I can think of a few things that go well in 'care packages' from the states... starting with:
  • Coffee.. I find Portland coffee way better than French coffee (sorry France)
  • Trashy Gossip Mags (Star, Examiner) in ENGLISH
  • American Books/Novels
  • Charleston Chews
  • Peanut Butter Cups/Reese's Pieces
  • Jell-O Mix
  • Jiffy Cornbread Mix
  • Brown Sugar
  • Peanut Butter (so expensive here)
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Cream of Tartar
  • Clothes (so much more expensive here)
  • Cinnamon Flavored chewing gum (the French tend to hate this flavor)
  • Lined Notebooks (they are all in graph, bleh)
I'm sure there's more.. but that's about what I can spit out right now.

Happy packages...

a+

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...