About Me

My photo
Forks, Portland, Lyon - France, Paris - France, Portland and ending up in Bellingham.... the adventures of my life!

Search My Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Week's Menu

A few weeks back I wrote about the concept of planning meals ahead... I wanted to share my 'Sunday Plan' with ya'll as an example... and make it a habit to post on Mondays what I plan to make/eat during the week.

Every Sunday I sit down with a piece of paper, internet, my cookbooks and my mind.. I determine what we're gonna eat for the week.. mostly dinners.

I usually eat a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, a snack at lunch and dinner is the big meal.

Here's this weeks, I attached recipes if I found one.. as a note I often deviate from a recipe and make it my own.. however it helps to get an idea of how to make something.. oh and you might notice... I'm a HUGE fan of Food Network and it breaks my heart it doesn't exist in France:

---

Monday October 4
Skillet Rosemary Chicken
+Eggplant & Zucchini sautée


Tuesday October 5
Pork & Fennel Ragout


Wednesday October 6
Marinated Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Grilled Veal Chops


Thursday October 7
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
+Buttery Croutons & Romano Melty Cheese Topping


Friday October 8
Chopped Salad Niçoise


Saturday October 9
Eat @ Chez Parents  (every two weeks or so we go visit his parents in Genas)

---

Then I create a grocery list and where I will buy the product... I often buy everything that's meat related from Marché-U down the street from me because the prices aren't too high for meats.

Vegetables are bought from the marché on Tuesday.

Other necessities, like baking paper or sponges, I can feel not guilty and buy from Lidl.

Bread, ALWAYS, at a boulangerie.

Happy eating!

a+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...